Saturday 10 June 2017

Of Kurma Milk and Carbonara Linguine

Here's Baby K smiling happily at her 12th week!


Made some dates milkshake this morning. Crossing my fingers and hope that it will be a milk booster for me!

LLR - Kurma Milk (Dates Milkshake)
Kurma Milk, also known as Dates Milkshake, is simple, nutritious, and delicious!

There is a lot of hype online for Farm Fresh Kurma Milk, which is said to be a milk booster for many breastfeeding mummies. They are selling for ~SGD7 per 700ml bottle online, and most of them are for bulk purchase. This isn't very ideal for me because i doubt i can finish the drink before they expire.

Dates are now readily available everywhere because of Ramadan, so I just grabbed a box at the supermarket. It is however, too sweet for me to eat them on its own. That's when I decided to make my own dates milkshake.

All you need is a blender, some dates, fresh milk, and water. Just remove the seeds and soak the dates in some water to soften them before blending the dates, water, and fresh milk together.

LLR - Home Made Carbonara Pasta

We didn't manage to make a trip to the wet market so I do not have any fresh ingredients on hand for dinner. Instead, inspired by the new western food stall near my estate, I made some Carbonara Linguine. :)

I thought it will be a little dry but surprisingly the runny egg made the pasta pretty good! *BHB*

No comments:

Post a Comment